Welcome to the Leicester-Shire Schools Music Service Primary Music page.
There are numerous ways that LSMS can support Headteachers, Music co-ordinators and teachers of music.
Please click on a link below to access further information
Please click on the headings below to access further information / resources.
Music Champion Headteachers
We currently have a number of Champion headteachers who work closely with LSMS. Their school is already achieving excellence in music and the Headteachers are keen to share their good practice with other schools.
- Hazel Maher – St Marys C of E Primary School, Bitteswell
- Andrew Pridmore – Elizabeth Woodville Primary School
- Dave Deacon - Ashmount School
- Chris Chorlton – Newtown Linford Primary School & Seagrave Village Primary School
- Sheila Crichton - Marriott Primary School
- Lisa Jones – Ratby Primary School
We currently meet twice a year, engage in supportive conversations with Head Teachers about the quality of music teaching and the curriculum in their schools and are involved in Champion School events
If you are interested in becoming a Champion School Head teacher for Music please download the information below and send an email confirming your interest to Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Co-ordinator Toolkit
FREE Primary Toolkit
Ally Daubney has created a new free resource that can be found on the ISM website using the link below. It is a free practical toolkit for primary teachers to help them understand and try out primary music in their own classrooms. She has tried not to reinvent the wheel and has signposted resources throughout.
The toolkit is in six parts that can be viewed online or downloaded:
- Singing and vocal work (in conjunction with SingUp)
- Using musical instruments in the classroom
- Composing, improvising and doodling
- Using technology in primary music education
- Music across the creative curriculum
A resource that sets out listening suggestions for the whole of the academic year that covers a diverse range of music. There is also a powerpoint that can be used to support the children's knowledge and listening skills.
Thanks to Abu Harding, St Peter's Primary School, Market Bosworth, for sharing this resource.