Leics Play Live in Schools
STOP PRESS - ALL DECEMBER 2023
SESSIONS ARE NOW FULLY BOOKED
Please check back for 2024 dates
In an exciting new Live Music offer,
Leicestershire Music could visit YOUR school for a live performance this term!
Our exciting musical visits will include:
- Show & Tell with introductions and demonstrations of instruments
- Musical Games
- Interactive content to involve students
The session is suitable for the whole school or select classes as chosen by the school and lasts approximately 45 minutes.
Choose from three varied and fun music options:
- Round the World Percussion
- The Orchestra Family
- Rock / Pop group
We are now fully booked for all sessions during the weeks of 11th and 18th December 2023. Please check back for 2024 dates.
Round the World Percussion
A showcase music of cultures from around the world including Steel Pans, Tabla, Djembe and tuned Western percussion. Our master musicians have collaborated to create a piece that gives an introduction to their respective fields in an interactive and engaging music session.
The Orchestra Family
Pupils will enjoy an engaging and interactive performance from our orchestral team, introducing them to instruments from the string, woodwind, brass and percussion families. Pupils will be delighted to hear recognisable melodies from Abba, Harry Potter, Disney's Encanto in addition to well known classical themes.
Rock / Pop Group
Explore & experience key elements of music with our 'live interactive band'.
Using well known famous songs, our professional musicians will introduce and demonstrate concepts such as: Tempo, Dynamics, Riffs, Pitch and more – and explain the role each instrument plays in creating some of the most recognisable popular music from the last 50 years.
From Michael Jackson to Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift to ACDC, a randomiser wheel will determine the route your pupils take, meaning each visit is unique!
Dare you spin the wheel?!
Further Information & Price
- Sessions will be allocated on a first come first served basis and are subject to availability.
- Each visiting team of musicians contains a minimum 3 musicians.
- Special offer for schools booking a KS1 and KS2 performance on the same day.
- Schools will be invoiced on allocation of a date and time of your visit. This will be done within one week of making your booking.
Further information inc. booking will be added when we are able to confirm dates for 2024.