- Are you aged 16 – 25?
- Want to have a voice & support music making for young people in Leicester & Leicestershire?
- Do you identify as Black, Asian, Ethnically Diverse, Disabled or have a *protected characteristic?
There are two vacancies for young people to join the Leicestershire Music Hub Executive Board.
We invite you to get in touch to have your say and influence music making opportunities in your area.
Online meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday 29th November
We hope that any young people interested in getting involved can join us at an online meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday 29th November.
Please let us know that you'll be attending by completing the Eventbrite booking at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/youth-voice-tickets-464901953257
What is Leicestershire Music Hub and how is the Executive Board linked to it?
Leicestershire Music Hub is a partnership of organisations charged with delivering the National Plan for Music Education for the benefit of young people. The Executive Board is responsible for the management of processes for making, implementing and reviewing decisions, holding leaders to account and supporting the Hub as a 'critical friend'.
Executive board membership includes Leicestershire Music Service Managers, Headteachers, Hub Partners and members from the Culture/Music Industry. There is a vacancy for 2 x young people to join the executive board. This can be put on a CV as there will be a chance to shape the Leicestershire Music offer and make a real difference. The exec board is also able to write references if required. As an Executive Board member, links will be developed with all involved in Leicestershire Music hub to get a real insight into the work done in Leicester and Leicestershire to support music education.
Membership selection will reflect key stakeholders in the city, county and beyond and recruitment is targeted to reach new and diverse demographics and from underrepresented groups.
Aims of the Executive Board
- To support and challenge strategic decisions
- To agree the strategic vision and oversee the values, objectives and policies in place for Leicestershire Music
- To implement robust processes to manage conflicts of interest between the executive board and senior leadership team.
- To receive and evaluate regular progress reports of Hub activity
- To support a cycle of reporting to to ensure all major areas of work are covered
Music Hub Exec Meeting Dates 2022-23
Thur 24th Nov am
Wed 25th Jan am (Training)
Wed 1st Feb pm
Wed 22nd March am
Wed 3rd May am
Thur 15th June am
(am - 9:30am pm - 1:00pm) - Each meeting will last approx. two hours.
*Protected characteristics as defined by the Equalities act 2010: age ,disability, gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation