Terms & Conditions
Please find our Terms & Conditions below. General Terms & Conditions apply to all services and products.
Please see specific sections for further information.
General Terms & Conditions for all Leicestershire Music Services & Products
Parties: These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between Leicestershire County Council (Leicestershire Music) and the Parent / Carer / Guardian of the student (the client). Clients are subject to and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Leicestershire County Council (hereafter referred to as Leicestershire Music) reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Any determination made by the Head of Leicestershire Music arising from the terms and conditions shall be final.
- Duration: This agreement will start as soon as requests for membership or lessons are accepted by the service provider and the first lesson commences and will run until either party terminates the agreement in writing.
- Intent: The intent is to regulate dealings between the parties by setting out respective obligations relating to performance and payment for services.
- Account Information - Once you have submitted the registration form you will receive an email asking you to complete your account set up. There are two accounts, one for the Parent/Carer (Guardian Account) and one for the student. Once the accounts are set up you will be able to complete tasks such as view timetables, view any work assigned, register for additional activities, update personal data etc. A mobile App can be downloaded free of charge to allow access on the go to your accounts. It is your responsibility to keep log-in details secure at all times. (To download the App please search for 'SpeedAdmin' on your relevant App store).
- Student Medical Information - Please ensure that relevant medical information is provided when registering your child. This is to ensure that Leicestershire Music are able to provide adequate care at all times. It is essential that this information is kept up to date by updating the personal data information within the Student account.
- Cancellations - Should you wish to cancel the student membership or instrumental lessons please log in to the Guardian Account and navigate to the 'De-Register' menu where you can request a cancellation. Please note that notice periods may be applicable, and all requests must be submitted this way.
- Student Supervision - Leicestershire Music only accepts responsibility for pupils during actual rehearsals / sessions. At all other times, responsibility lies with legal guardians/parents/carers. Parents/carers must ensure that they arrange for their child to be picked up promptly following rehearsals, courses and performances. Staff have a duty of care responsibility to remain with students until they are collected to ensure pupil safety. Continual late collection may result in the membership being cancelled and failure to collect will result in a referral made to Social services to collect the student.
- Behaviour - All Students are expected to behave in a responsible manner at all times and adhere to any instructions provided by staff or supervisors. Bullying or other intimidating behaviour towards other students or staff is not tolerated under any circumstances. Failure to behave in an appropriate manner will result in membership being withdrawn.
- Liability - Leicestershire Music does not accept liability for loss or damage to pupil's instruments or personal possessions. Parents/carers should arrange appropriate insurance for these items.
- Safeguarding - Leicestershire Music is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and has robust Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures in place, please visit https://leicestershiremusichub.org/safeguarding
Performance Groups / Music Groups
- For the purposes of these Terms and conditions all out of school activities, excluding lessons, shall be referred to as 'Performance Groups'.
- The Fee - Attendance at each performance group is subject to the pupil having a valid membership. The membership fee (per term) is as advertised on the registration form and is invoiced termly. All invoices must be paid within 14 days of receipt. Failure to pay will result in membership being withdrawn. A fee discount scheme is available to apply for – please click on the Fee Discounts section of the registration for further information and to submit an application. Please note that discounts will not be applied until the application has been received and approved by Leicestershire Music. Leicestershire Music reserves the right to review and amend fees at any time.
- Refunds and Membership Cancellation - Please note that memberships are non-refundable. Any requests to cancel a membership for the following term must be received by the end of the first half of the previous term by using the De-Register menu function on your account access. For example, to cancel a membership for the Summer Term the De-Register request must be completed by the February Half Term holiday. Membership refunds will only be given in extreme circumstances and at the discretion of Leicestershire Music.
- Attendance - Students must make every effort to attend rehearsals, however we do understand that it is not always possible to attend every rehearsal. Failure to attend a large number of rehearsals without prior notification may result in memberships being withdrawn.
- Rehearsal Schedules - Rehearsal schedules will be detailed in the Students timetable on their account. Please log-in to the student account and navigate to the 'Student timetable' menu to view.
- Queries, Concerns or Complaints Procedure - Any queries, concerns or complaints arising during the course of this agreement should in the first instance be made in writing to LMplay@leics.gov.uk
Instrumental & Vocal Lessons
- Support - Tuition will be available on a weekly basis throughout the Academic Year for 30 weeks, equating to approximately 10 lessons per term, where term length permits. Tuition will be delivered by our fully trained, DBS checked music tutors. Lessons will take place either at the students' school during the school day, or alternatively outside of the school day. Lesson day and times will be confirmed prior to lessons commencing. Lessons will either be taught in a traditional face to face manner or will be taught virtually via an online platform for example Zoom. Instrument Hire is available upon request through Leicestershire Music, subject to separate terms and conditions and availability.
- Charges - Charges relate to the current academic year and the service provider reserves the right to review charge rates on an ongoing basis. If charges need to be amended, notice will be given. Rates are charged per student and are invoiced as a termly membership fee - i.e. the same amount each term regardless of actual lessons received (due to varying term lengths), pro rata fees are calculated if a student starts mid-term. Termly membership fees are as follows:
- Large Group 30 minute lesson £45 per term
- Large Group 45 minute lesson £52.50 per term
- Group 30 minute lesson £60 per term
- Paired 20 minute lesson £60 per term
- Paired 30 minute lesson £85 per term
- Individual 20 minute lesson £120 per term
- Individual 30 minute lesson £170 per term
- Acceptance - Once a student has completed a registration form to request lessons they will be placed on a waiting list. The student will remain on the waiting list until such time as a teacher becomes available and/or enough students register for lessons to commence (e.g. in the circumstance where paired or group lessons are requested). Charges are not incurred whilst on the waiting list.
- Charging and Payment Procedure - Invoices will be raised at the beginning of each term for the termly membership amount and will be sent via email to the email address provided at time of registration. All Invoices should be paid within 14 days of receipt. Failure to pay an invoice will result in lessons being suspended or even stopped until full payment is made. Should the client face any difficulties in paying invoices, these should be discussed with the service provider immediately.
- Paired, Group or Large Group Lessons - Paired lessons are subject to there being two active students. If one of the two students cancels their lessons and are not replaced within one term the remaining student will be provided with an option of converting to individual lessons (charged at a separate rate), shorter lesson time or being placed back on the waiting list until such time as a second student registers. Group lessons are subject to there being a minimum of 3 active students. If numbers fall below this due to mid-year cancellations and do not recover above 3 within one term, the remaining students will be provided with an option of converting to paired or individual lessons (charged at a separate rate) or being placed back on the waiting list until such time as additional student(s) register. Large Group lessons are subject to there being a minimum of 8 active students. If numbers fall below this due to mid-year cancellations and do not recover above 8 within one term, the remaining students will be provided with an option of converting to group lessons (charged at a separate rate) or being placed back on the waiting list until such time as additional student(s) register.
- Refunds will only be provided where the Service Provider has delivered fewer than 30 lessons over the duration of an academic year (or pro rata if lessons commence once the academic year has commenced). Refunds will not be provided where the client has missed lessons. Refunds will be made at the end of the Summer Term. Refunds will not be given where a learner cancels lessons part way through a term and does not attend.
- Cancellations: Lessons can be cancelled at any point giving 5 weeks' notice (equivalent to half a term's lessons). To cancel lessons complete a De-Register request via your SpeedAdmin account. You will be invoiced for any outstanding lessons and the notice period prior to the following Half Term.
- Queries, Concerns or Complaints Procedure - Any queries, concerns or complaints arising during the course of this agreement should in the first instance be made to the Leicestershire Music Assistant Head of Service via email at Gillian.Ramshaw@leics.gov.uk or Sarah.Barton@leics.gov.uk
Music Service Contact - All matters arising from this Contract should be referred to: Music@leics.gov.uk
Instrument Hire Agreement
1. This Agreement is made between the Hirer and Leicestershire County Council (LCC)
2. LCC reserves the right to refuse the hire of instruments or to cancel an existing Hire Agreement at any time.
3. Instruments will only be hired to those pupils either residing in Leicestershire or attending a Leicestershire School.
4. A pupil may only hire a maximum of 3 instruments at any given time.
5. The instrument(s) remains the property of LCC at all times.
6. All hire charges must be paid within 14 days of receipt of an instrument hire invoice. a. Invoices are sent during each term (3 terms per year) b. Non-payment of hire fees will result in instruments being recalled and any debt passed to legal services. c. Full instrument replacement cost invoices may also be issued in circumstances where agreements are not completed or payment is not received.
7. Hire fees are currently charged as follows:
- Band 1: Clarinet, Cornet, Djembe, Flute, French Horn, Guitar, Percussion Pack, Trombone, Trumpet, Turntable Pack, Viola and Violin £33 per year / £11 per term
- Band 2: Baritone Horn, Cello, Double Bass, Euphonium, Oboe, Saxophone, Tabla and Tuba. £66 per year / £22 per term
- Band 3: Bassoon and Harp £99 per year / £33 per term
8. LCC reserves the right to amend the hire charges at any time and will notify any changes to existing hire agreements in writing.
9. If an Agreement is cancelled part way through a term, full termly fees for that term will still continue to be payable.
10. Every effort is made to ensure that all instruments are issued in full working order. Any faults or issues that are discovered with the instrument must be reported to Leicestershire Music within 10 days of the Agreement start date. It will be assumed that any faults or issues that are reported after 10 days of the commencement of the Agreement will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
11. LCC will not be responsible for the replacement cost of items such as strings, reeds, rosin etc. this is the responsibility of the Hirer. a. Any accessories missing when returning an instrument will be charged for at full replacement cost.
12. LCC insures the instruments so that they are protected at school, home or in transit against loss, theft and accidental damage. (Please refer to the Insurance details form for full details).
13. All reasonable care must be taken of the instrument throughout the duration of the Hire Agreement and the instrument must be securely stored at all times
14. In cases of accidental damage or loss, a replacement instrument will be provided, subject to availability. Hire fees will continue to be charged whether a replacement instrument is supplied or not or until the Hire Agreement is cancelled.
15. At the end of the Hire Agreement all instruments must be returned directly to Leicestershire Music on behalf of LCC
- a. The conditions continue to apply until the instrument is accepted as returned and a receipt has been provided.
- b. Appointments must be made with Leicestershire Music in order to return an instrument to County Hall, Glenfield.
- c. Appointments are available during the normal opening hours of Monday to Thursday 09:15 to 16.30 and Friday 09:15 to 16:00 (except Bank Holidays).
Instrument Hire Insurance
You are covered subject to some conditions against theft, accidental loss or damage, anywhere in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. In addition the cover applies anywhere in the world for a period not exceeding 45 days in any one period of insurance.
1. You are covered whilst transporting the instrument to and from home, rehearsals, lessons or concerts.
2. The instrument is not covered for theft if it is left in an unattended vehicle at any time.
3. If an instrument is damaged due to neglect, misuse or due to theft from an unattended vehicle then Leicestershire Music will seek the full replacement value of the instrument from the hirer.
4. You are covered if the instrument is damaged beyond repair unless the damage has occurred due to neglect or misuse.
5. The cover may be invalidated if you are in breach of any of your conditions of hire.
6. There is an insurance excess of £50 payable by the hirer. You will be required to pay the first £50 of any costs incurred through theft, accidental loss or damage.
7. The cover only applies when you have received the instrument.
If You Need to Make a Claim
You must contact Leicestershire Music in writing to Music@leics.gov.uk as soon as possible with details of the instrument and nature of claim. If your claim is for the theft or loss of the instrument then you must report the theft/loss to the police, and then contact Leicestershire Music. The police crime number will be required in order to process the claim. If it is a claim against damage to the instrument then you must return the instrument to Leicestershire Music to be assessed. You must not attempt any repairs yourself or arrange for repairs to be made to the instrument. In all cases Leicestershire Music will try to process your claim as soon as possible, and will endeavour to supply you with a replacement instrument as quickly as possible. The hirer will be liable for the first £50 of the claim.
Help with Costs
We are committed to enabling music making activities to be accessible to all, therefore we currently operate a fee remission discount scheme for those on qualifying benefits. Your child could be eligible for 100% discount fee remission for membership & instrument hire fees as well as 50% discount on group instrumental lessons if you are in receipt of any of the following (Please note that we are currently unable to offer remission discounts on individual lessons):
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Or are a Child Looked After (100% discount applicable to group instrumental lessons).
- Discretionary Other