Room To Grow; Renewing Wellbeing, Creatively - CPD from The City Classroom
Posted: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:45
A Virtual INSET CPD aimed at Heads, Senior Leadership and those with a responsibility for whole school mental health and wellbeing.
Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th August
This September pupils are returning to school life unlike any they've ever known before. They bring with them fears and anxieties and a profound sense of loss for the world they used to know and uncertainty around the world they go into. For teachers, the immediate challenge is to develop a Recovery Curriculum that strengthens pupils' mental health and wellbeing in ways which support their transition back into school life.
Room To Grow; Renewing Wellbeing, Creatively is a digital INSET CPD delivered virtually to you in your school.
"In order for children to learn well, first they must 'be well', and these sessions explore how to cultivate learning-readiness by supporting their wellbeing.
Introducing simple but effective tools and techniques, they are designed to provide teachers with creative, playful and flexible ideas to support the recovery and personal growth of everybody in school.
Monday 24th August
10.30am – 12.00pm
This session will explore:
• How to recognise and reduce anxiety, and how to support resilience
• How to give children the competencies to meaningfully learn about, and from, their emotions
• The importance of relationships, and how to re-create a sense of belonging and safety in school
This session will explore:
• The added needs of more vulnerable children
• How to support children who may be unaware of their emotions and/or unable to clearly express them
• How to nurture a sense that school is a safe place to be
Tuesday 25th August
This session will share insights into:
• How Covid-19 is likely to have impacted adolescents at an already vulnerable time
• How to recognise the vulnerability that is so often hidden behind 'behaviour and attitudes'
• How to support both wellbeing and learning capacity by working with; not against; the inherent strengths of the 'adolescent brain'
This Virtual INSET CPD has been produced by The City Classroom, Leicester(shire) Cultural Education Partnership with generous funding from Leicester's Pathway Programme.
We are delighted to be working with Jo Stockdale, Founder, Trainer and Consultant from Well Within Reach, a passionate advocate for young people's social and emotional competencies, with a particular specialism is in explaining the mysteries and magic of the developing brain
There will be a limit to two teachers per school, per session and we will be looking to invite members of SLT and/or those members of staff with responsibility for whole-school wellbeing. The CPD will be free to City Classroom members and designated Pathways Schools, and £25 to others. For information on City Classroom membership and benefits please follow the link… https://www.cityclassroom.org/join-us
To reserve your place, please email email@example.com by Monday 17th August. Places are limited and wi be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Save The Date:
A Sandpit Conversation – Teaching Resilience
Tuesday 15th September, 4.00-5.30pm
An opportunity to discuss ideas and strategies for teacher, pupil and whole schoolresilience with leading academics, artists and teachers.
The City Classroom © 2018
The City Classroom, c/o The Spark Arts for Children,
LCB Depot, 31 Rutland Street, Leicester, LE1 1RE