LSMS Primary Scheme of Work CPD - ALL UNITS - North East Leics
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 - Wed, 22 Apr 2020
Venue: Various - in North East Leics - Vale of Belvoir
Price: £285.00 Per Attendee
Price: £285.00 Per Attendee
LSMS Primary Scheme of Work - (North East Leics) - ALL UNITS - Led By Sarah Share
Please note that all training related to this listing will take place in North East Leicestershire - Vale of Belvoir.
This course will help participants to develop a curriculum that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum for Music. LSMS have developed a curriculum resource pack for specialist and non- specialist teachers in primary schools in association with Primary Teachers.
There are 6 diverse units of work covering a range of topics that will be introduced at each session. Each unit consists of lesson plans and resources for EYFS and years 1-6 to cover a half term. The units have been trialled in schools with input and feedback from pupils.
The resources contain:
• A curriculum map of expectations by the end of each unit
• Planning for progression in musical skills, knowledge and understanding
• Lesson plans with clear learning objectives and assessment strategies
• Resources with embedded sound files/web links where appropriate
• Listening activities, performance and composition tasks
• Links to free downloadable resources software and commercial programmes
Suitable for: primary class teachers, TAs, NQTs, music co-ordinators, aspiring music co‑ordinators, specialists and non-specialists
Course participants will be given an electronic copy of the lesson materials, presentations and music resources for you to trial and adapt for use in your school.
- To have a good knowledge of the progression of musical skills across all year groups in the EYFS and Primary years
- To have a good understanding of the lessons plans within the Units of Work
- To demystify the teaching of a good music lesson
- To have the knowledge, skills and understanding to support colleagues within the school setting in teaching music
- To know the end of year expectations for all year groups in EYFSS and Primary years
- To be confident in supporting colleagues with making robust pupil assessments
"Practical sessions, lots of opportunities to explore & question. Access to resources & inspiration. Approachable & enthusiastic leader!"
"The engaging tasks and explanations given by Sarah. All resources shared. Super"
"It was made to look easy and I feel more confident in teaching music"
"Really fun and engaging. Felt very supported - thank you!"
"An experienced teacher who fully understands what it is like in the classroom. A detailed and fun Scheme of Work"
"Great to have everything provided and able to be taken away ready to deliver"
"I felt I was 'up-levelled' in Music Teaching. Delivery was safe & risk free when taking part"
"Wow! So many ideas!! Thank you!!
Unit 1 & 2 - Wednesday 6th November 2019 9:30am – 3:00pm
Venue: Hose Primary School, Hose, Melton Mowbray LE14 4JE
Unit 3 & 4 - Wednesday 26th February - 9:30am – 3:00pm
Unit 5 & 6 - Wednesday 22nd April - 9:30am – 3:00pm
Cost: Book all three training sessions and gain the whole Scheme of Work for £285. If booked as individual training session cost is £100 per training session and resources for 2 Units of Work.
Make a Booking
Please note that this booking is for the whole Primary Scheme of Work - Units 1 - 6