LSMS Music Educator's Conference 2018
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018, 09:30 - 16:15
Venue: College Court, Knighton Rd, Leicester LE2 3UF
Price: £180.00 Per Attendee
We are pleased to announce the date of the LSMS Music Educator's Conference as 1st February 2018.
For those that have attended the conference in the past you will know that is a full day of practical musical workshops, thought-provoking seminars, networking with colleagues, keynote speaker and lots of lovely food.
All Music Educators are welcome whether they:
- Teach music in a Primary, Secondary or Special school
- Lead music across the school as a Music Co-ordinators or Head of Department
- are Instrumental teachers
- Are A Partner of Leicester-Shire Music Education Hub
- Music workshop leaders
- Community musicians.
This conference will follow the popular format of keynote address, conference workshops and seminars.
Keynote speaker: John Archer, Comedy, Magic and a little bit of Ukulele
John Archer will share how we can break down the barriers to provide a quality music education for all pupils, including how we can overcome barriers to offer quality music education for all pupils. John is a past winner of the 'Magic Circle Stage Magician of the Year' and one of the best comedy magicians in the UK today.
- To update colleagues about national, regional and local developments in music education
- To identify and share best practice, ideas and resources
- To confer with colleagues and conference workshop leaders
This event is suitable for primary, secondary, special school music teachers, music coordinators, heads of department, instrumental teachers, partners, workshop leaders, associate teachers and community musicians.
Conference delegates will be able to choose from a range of practical workshops and seminars led by inspirational local, national and international workshop leaders and music educators.
Workshops selections include:
- Dr Alison Daubney: A leading Music Educationalist will deliver Key stage specific presentations.
- Royal Opera House: Key Stage specific interactive training session packed full of user-friendly lesson ideas inspired by the ballet and opera repertoire.
- Music technology: Demystifying teaching Music Technology
- Resilience as a Music Teacher
- Why you need to know about Research
- Teachmeet: How to create opportunities for pupils who struggle to access the music curriculum through the use of Music Technology Plus practical music-making sessions, networking time and trade stands.
- Entry into conducting
- Improving confidence in conducting
Date and venue:
Thursday 1st February 2018
9:30am – 4:15pm
Early bird offer: £150 if booked by the 1st December 2017
Make a Booking
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.