We're looking for a Temporary Saturday Centre and Bands and Orchestra’s Lead
Posted: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 11:23
We are looking for someone to take on the role of our Saturday Centre and Bands and Orchestra's Lead starting in September, until we can recruit someone permanently. It is a 3 day a week opportunity and some of the details are below:
- To ensure appropriate staffing and resources to deliver central band and orchestra provision. Focusing on recruitment and development of staff, including the management and deployment of contracted staff.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of conductors, group and pastoral workers on site for young people as appropriate
- To run the central bands and orchestra activities including working at on Saturday morning and some evenings as required.
- To support the recruitment of new ensemble players
- To lead a team of band and orchestral leaders, set high expectations, lead by example and share good practice. To provide opportunities for central bands and ensembles to take part in high quality concerts, festivals, workshops and events.
- Developing relationships with instrumental teachers, Leicestershire Music staff, conductors, schools and parents.
- Monitoring of teaching and learning within the team and sharing good practice