Tiny Sparks: Musician in Residence Opportunity
Posted: Thu, 03 Jan 2019 15:05
Tiny Sparks 2019 - Creating possibilities for Early Years children and their families
Call Out - Musician in Residence: Singing & Song Writing
Tiny Sparks is a 10-week Early Years residency working across Leicester city in partnership with the Children, Young People and Family Centres (CYPFC). This project supports quality music provision developing skills, confidence and a culture of creativity and play, with children aged 0-4 years.
We are looking for a highly skilled musician, with skills in singing and song writing, to fill one of the residency roles which are required to develop vital language skills in each child through music. Working with over 100 pre-school children, their parents and Early Years practitioners, the musician will pass on motivational, confidence building ideas to continue music activities both at home and in these settings.
Key elements of the residency include:
1. A pre residency visit to deliver taster sessions in the settings and to plan the project delivery
2. 10-week residency across Leicester area in nurseries and children centres
3. Delivering a CPD programme with local Early Years practitioners and parents across the city
4. Co-creation of a 2-day artist CPD course with regional musicians new to Early Years provision
5. The development of a learning resource to support learning and legacy in the settings
6. Contribution to comprehensive evaluation coordinated by an external evaluator
7. Post project visit to the settings leaving musical instruments as a legacy
The appointed musician in residence will work in four settings each week over two days, preferably Wednesday & Thursdays.
We would like to receive applications from musicians with varying experience in Early Years work, as we may be able to offer a mentor to support the development of your practice over this period.
Please submit your CV and an expression of interest, in no more than 500 words, detailing your experience in early years' music settings and key interests in this residency opportunity.
- Deadline for submission: Tuesday 15 January 2019
- Auditions/Interviews: Thursday 24 January 2019
- Contracted Period of Engagement Feb – July 2019
- Residency Dates: 4 March – 12 April (6 weeks) & 29 April – 24 May (4 weeks)
Project Fee: £6200 inclusive of all out of pocket expenses, to deliver the residency and CPD delivery, planning, evaluating and resource devising. This contract will be subject to an enhanced DBS with Barred List check.
Please submit your expression of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the submission deadline.
For background information and details about our organisation, please visit thesparkarts.co.uk