LSMS Music Educator's Conference 2018
Posted: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 12:41
We are pleased to announce the date of LSMS Music Educator's Conference as 1st February 2018.
For those that have attended the conference in the past you will know that is a full day of practical musical workshops, thought-provoking seminars, networking with colleagues, keynote speaker and lots of lovely food.
All Music Educators are welcome whether you:
- Teach music in a Primary, Secondary or Special school
- Lead music across the school as a Music co-ordinators or Head of Department
- instrumental teachers
- A Partner of Leicester-Shire Music Education Hub Partners
- Music workshop leaders
- Community musicians.
Conference delegates will be able to choose from a range of practical workshops and seminars led by inspirational local, national and international workshop leaders and music educators.
Workshops selections include:
- Dr Alison Daubney
- A leading Music Educationalist will deliver Key stage specific presentations.
- Royal Opera House
- Key Stage specific interactive training session packed full of user-friendly lesson ideas inspired by the ballet and opera repertoire.
- Music technology
- Demystifying teaching Music Technology
- Resilience as a Music Teacher
- Why you need to know about Research
- Teachmeet: How to create opportunities for pupils who struggle to access the music curriculum through the use of Music Technology
Plus Practical music-making sessions, Networking time and trade stands
Dates and venue:
Date: Thursday 1st February 2018 9:30am – 4:15pm
Venue: College Court
Early bird offer: £150 if booked by 1st December 2017