Rescheduled Concert Information from Cancelled De Montfort Hall Performance
Posted: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 16:23
Following the unfortunate cancellation of the concert at De Montfort Hall in December, we are pleased to confirm that alternative performances will take place on the 7th January 2017.
Given the logistical challenges involved in rescheduling such an event, several changes have been necessary.
Please read the following information carefully.
- We have not been able to reschedule the concert at De Montfort Hall, and as the schools forming the Massed Choir were not all able to attend on 7th January, the performances will now feature the LSSO, Concert Orchestra, Wind Orchestra and Big Band.
- The concerts will take place at Holy Trinity Church. As the audience capacity at this venue is not sufficient to allow all groups to perform in the same concert and accommodate the combined audience, the decision has been made to hold two short concerts. There will be a 30 minute period in between performances in order to re-set the stage and to change audiences. We would appreciate your co-operation in leaving the venue promptly after the first performance in order for the second audience to enter and be seated. (If attending both performances, please remain in the venue.)
- Having had the Christmas break, all groups will need a short rehearsal before the concert and resultingly there will be some free time for students between the rehearsal and the concert.
In this free time, students can either; go home (if they live near enough), stay at the church or go into town which is a short walk away. The concerts have been scheduled for variety and taking into account the groups performing together at concerts taking place later this term.
- Tickets for the event will be on sale on the door and will also be available earlier in the day when students are being dropped off. Tickets are priced at £5 for one concert and £8 for both. (Concession price for students and senior citizens will be £3 and £5). Please do not post ticket requests for these performances.
- Please let us know if wheelchair access is required.
- Final Details will be emailed to Parents after New Year.
- These details have been sent to all the students who have advised that they are able to perform at on the 7th January. Please let us know if your circumstances change or you are able to now attend – email@example.com
10.00am - 11.00am
11.00am - 12.00pm
12.00pm - 1.00pm
1.00pm - 1.45pm
2.15pm - 3.00pm LSSO & Big Band
3.30pm - 4.10pm Concert Orchestra & Wind Orchestra
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.