LSMS Primary Scheme of Work - Unit 4 - Pitch
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020, 16:00 - 17:00
Venue: Zoom - Online Event
Price: £285.00 Per Attendee
LSMS Primary Scheme of Work - ALL UNITS
This course will help participants to develop a curriculum that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum for Music. LSMS have developed a curriculum resource pack for specialist and non- specialist teachers in primary schools in association with Primary Teachers.
There are 6 diverse units of work covering a range of topics that will be introduced at each session. Each unit consists of lesson plans and resources for EYFS and years 1-6 to cover a half term. The units have been trialled in schools with input and feedback from pupils.
The resources contain:
• A curriculum map of expectations by the end of each unit
• Planning for progression in musical skills, knowledge and understanding
• Lesson plans with clear learning objectives and assessment strategies
• Resources with embedded sound files/web links where appropriate
• Listening activities, performance and composition tasks
• Links to free downloadable resources software and commercial programmes
Suitable for: primary class teachers, TAs, NQTs, music co-ordinators, aspiring music co‑ordinators, specialists and non-specialists
Course participants will be given an electronic copy of the lesson materials, presentations and music resources for you to trial and adapt for use in your school.
- To have a good knowledge of the progression of musical skills across all year groups in the EYFS and Primary years
- To have a good understanding of the lessons plans within the Units of Work
- To demystify the teaching of a good music lesson
- To have the knowledge, skills and understanding to support colleagues within the school setting in teaching music
- To know the end of year expectations for all year groups in EYFSS and Primary years
- To be confident in supporting colleagues with making robust pupil assessments
"Practical sessions, lots of opportunities to explore & question. Access to resources & inspiration. Approachable & enthusiastic leader!"
"The engaging tasks and explanations given by Sarah. All resources shared. Super"
"It was made to look easy and I feel more confident in teaching music"
"Really fun and engaging. Felt very supported - thank you!"
"An experienced teacher who fully understands what it is like in the classroom. A detailed and fun Scheme of Work"
"Great to have everything provided and able to be taken away ready to deliver"
"I was 'up-levelled' in Music Teaching. Delivery was safe & risk free when taking part"
"Wow! So many ideas!! Thank you!!
Unit 4 - Pitch, Thursday 3rd December
Unit 5 - Music Technology, Wednesday 3rd February 2021 This date is currently provisional but will be confirmed ASAP
Unit 6 - 20th Century Music, Wednesday 17th March
Unit 2 - Voice, Wednesday 19th May This date is currently provisional but will be confirmed ASAP
Further details regarding each Unit training will be circulated before each date.
Further Unit Training Dates will be added to our website as soon as they are confirmed.
Cost: Training sessions on each Unit and access to the whole Scheme of Work - £285.
Make a Booking
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.