LSMS Primary Scheme of Work - Unit 5 & 6
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019, 09:30 - 15:00
Venue: NSPCC, 3 Gilmour Cl, Leicester LE4 1EZ
Price: £100.00 Per Attendee
Suitable for: primary class teachers, TAs, NQTs, music co-ordinators, aspiring music co‑ordinators, specialists and non-specialists Course participants will be able to take away on CD, a copy of the lesson materials, presentations and music resources for you to trial and adapt for use in your school.
- To introduce the music teaching plans and resources for EYFS KS1 & 2
- To give colleagues the opportunity to try out the teaching materials and look at ways to adapt them for their own settings, including mixed ability groups and cross curricular themes
This course will help participants to develop a curriculum that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum for Music. LSMS have developed a curriculum resource pack for specialist and non- specialist teachers in primary schools in association with Primary Teachers. There are 6 diverse units of work covering a range of topics that will be introduced at each session. Each unit consists of lesson plans and resources for EYFS and years 1-6 to cover a half term. The units have been trialled in schools with input and feedback from pupils.
The resources contain:
- A curriculum map of expectations by the end of each unit
- Planning for progression in musical skills, knowledge and understanding
- Lesson plans with clear learning objectives and assessment strategies
- Resources with embedded sound files/web links where appropriate
- Listening activities, performance and composition tasks
- Links to free downloadable resources software and commercial programmes
Make a Booking
Early Bird Rate: £75 if booked by the 30th January 2019
Please note there is no lunch provided.