Welcome to the Leicester-Shire Schools Music Service Primary Music page.
Sarah Share, Specialist Lead in Education in Music, takes the lead for our work in Primary schools. She currently leads a team of trained and experienced practitioners to support all Primary schools in Leicester City and Leicestershire.
There are numerous ways that LSMS can support Headteachers, Music co-ordinators and teachers of music.
Please click on a link below to access further information
Please click on the headings below to access further information / resources.
Music Champion Headteachers
We currently have a number of Champion headteachers who work closely with LSMS. Their school is already achieving excellence in music and the Headteachers are keen to share their good practice with other schools.
- Hazel Maher – St Marys C of E Primary School, Bitteswell
- Andrew Pridmore – Elizabeth Woodville Primary School
- Dave Deacon - Ashmount School
- Chris Chorlton – Newtown Linford Primary School & Seagrave Village Primary School
- Sheila Crichton - Marriott Primary School
- Lisa Jones – Ratby Primary School
We currently meet twice a year, engage in supportive conversations with Head Teachers about the quality of music teaching and the curriculum in their schools and are involved in Champion School events
If you are interested in becoming a Champion School Head teacher for Music please download the information below and send an email confirming your interest to Sarah.email@example.com