Pastoral Worker Required
- Leicester-Shire Schools Music Service are looking for a caring, patient, supportive and pro-active person to supervise children and young people for our youth bands, orchestras and music ensembles.
- Required to work on 28 Saturday mornings per academic year during term time from 9:30am – 1:00pm and also at Concerts throughout the year on some weekday evenings and some weekends. The concerts take place at various venues in the City and County.
- Experience of supervising children & young people in a school and/or youth context and knowledge of safe practice to ensure their health and safety is essential.
- The hourly rate of pay is £7.90 - £8.18
- Various venues: e.g. currently: Wigston College (formerly Guthlaxton College), Wigston Academy (formerly Abington Academy), Eyres Monsell Primary, The African Caribbean Centre and Little Hill Primary School. We currently have a vacancy at Wigston Academy but please note that you could be asked to work at any one of the venues listed.
- This post is a regulated activity requiring a barred list check
- Please see the Applicant Letter and Job Description/Person Specification within the attached link below for further information.
In addition to the above, we would welcome interest from people who would be interested in casual contracts (zero hours' contracts). There are occasions when we require cover for this post in the form of Concert Support and also in cases of illness. This means that suitable candidates would go through the normal recruitment process and if successful, would be contacted to work as and when required – please note that this could be with short notice in the case of covering for absence. If you are interested in a zero hours contract ONLY, please indicate this clearly on your application form.
Closing date: Thursday 12th October 2017
Interviews: Saturday 28th October 2017
HOW TO APPLY: For further details and application form, contact: Pastoral Advert Sept/Oct 2017
OR - If you cannot apply on-line please contact East Midlands Shared Services on: 0300 30 30 222 quoting job reference: CR0198
Instrumental Teachers Wanted
The Leicester-Shire Music and Cultural Trust is a new charity set up to support all young people in Leicester and Leicestershire in their music making and learning, and hence everyone working to this end. We are looking to develop a pool of music tutors who would be available to be called upon as and when opportunities for work arise. The work could include covering for absent staff teaching Whole Class Instrumental lessons to school classes or teaching groups within targeted long and short term projects. Music teachers within any discipline are encouraged to apply, and we are particularly looking for teachers with experience teaching instrumental music to children in whole class settings, those from challenging circumstances (including Looked After Children) and those with Special Educational Needs.
Contracts for services for successful applicants will be available and the teaching and coaching rate will be around £30 per hour all inclusive.
If you are interested in joining this pool, please send an up to date CV with the name of two referees, together with a statement of no more than 200 words describing what you are able to offer. Candidates will need to undertake a short observation in a class setting and be interviewed. Appointments to the pool will be dependent on the relevant checking processes.
Expressions of interest should be sent to email@example.com
Would you like to Advertise your Teaching on this Site?*
If you would like your details to be displayed on this website so that you can be contacted by anybody looking for Music Lessons please complete the request form below.
There are two Options available:
Option 1 - Safety Checked Teachers
For a fee of £100 we will carry out an enhanced DBS check on your behalf and provide you with Safeguarding training and a certificate to say that you have received the training. Your details will be available to anyone searching for music lessons through this website** for a period of 12 months. Annual Safeguarding update training will be charged at £30, which will need to be completed every 12 months in order to stay in this category. Subsequent DBS checks will be charged at £50 and will be need to be updated every 3 years.
After 12 months you have the option of remaining in this category or may chose to move to Option 2 - Other Instrumental Teachers category.
Option 2 - Other Instrumental Teachers
For an initial fee of £15 your details will be available to anyone searching for music lessons through this website** for a period of 12 months. There will be an additional charge of £10 for each subsequent 12 month period that your details remain on the site***.
* LSMS is only responsible for the advertising of your details and in not responsible for anything that happens as a result of this advert being displayed.
** subject to the user searching for criteria that matches your details
*** LSMS reserves the right to amend this amount in future years and will notify you in writing should this be the case.
Full payment must be made before your details are displayed on the website. Payment can be made via Parent Pay by clicking on the 'Pay Here' banner below.
Once on the Parent Pay site, select 'Other' as the option and then in the free text enter the Option that you wish to purchase (enter either 'option 1' or 'option 2')