The Leicestershire Music Curriculum for primary schools (Unit 1 & 2)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 13:00 - 16:30
Venue: NSPCC. National Training Centre. 3 Gilmour Close, Leicester, LE4 1EZ
This course will help participants to develop a curriculum that meets the requirements of the new national curriculum A group of city and county primary teachers have developed a curriculum resource pack for specialist and non-specialist teachers in primary schools in association with LSMS There are 6 diverse units of work covering a range of topics that will be introduced at each session.
This unit consists of lesson plans and resources for EYFS and years 1-6 to cover a half term. The units have been trialled in schools with input and feedback from pupils.
The resources contain:
• A curriculum map of expectations by the end of each unit
• Planning for progression in musical skills, knowledge and understanding
• Lesson plans with clear learning objectives and assessment strategies
• Resources with embedded sound files/web links where appropriate
• Listening activities, performance and composition tasks
• Video clips of the materials being used with pupils via Leicestershire Music Hub Website
• Links to free downloadable software and commercial programmes
Suitable for: primary class teachers, TAs, NQTs, music co-ordinators, aspiring music co-ordinators, specialists and non-specialists Course participants will be able to take away on CD, a copy of the lesson materials, presentations and music resources for you to trial and adapt for use in your school.
Price: £95.00 Per Attendee
Early Bird Offer - £75.00 if booked by 3rd May 2018.