The Leicestershire Music Curriculum for primary schools (Unit 5 & 6)
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018, 13:00 - 16:30
Venue: NSPCC. National Training Centre. 3 Gilmour Close, Leicester. LE4 1EZ
Price: £95.00 Per Attendee
This course will help participants to develop a curriculum that meets the requirements of the new national curriculum A group of city and county primary teachers have developed a curriculum resource pack for specialist and non- specialist teachers in primary schools in association with LSMS There are 6 diverse units of work covering a range of topics that will be introduced at each session.
This unit consists of lesson plans and resources for EYFS and years 1-6 to cover a half term. The units have been trialled in schools with input and feedback from pupils.
The resources contain:
• A curriculum map of expectations by the end of each unit
• Planning for progression in musical skills, knowledge and understanding
• Lesson plans with clear learning objectives and assessment strategies
• Resources with embedded sound files/web links where appropriate
• Listening activities, performance and composition tasks
• Video clips of the materials being used with pupils via Leicestershire Music Hub Website
• Links to free downloadable software and commercial programmes
Suitable for: primary class teachers, TAs, NQTs, music co-ordinators, aspiring music co-ordinators, specialists and non-specialists Course participants will be able to take away on CD, a copy of the lesson materials, presentations and music resources for you to trial and adapt for use in your school.
You can also book a place at our FREE twilight helpdesk session where our Lead Practitioners will be on hand to talk through any issues and offer advice on subjects such as assessment and moderation. Please ensure you book your place at this FREE helpdesk session by clicking here.
Make a Booking
Early Bird Offer: £75 if booked by the 10th January 2018